Johnson County has upgraded their Intoxilyzer 8000 machines to the Intoxilyzer
9000. CMI is the corporation that produces alcohol breath testing machines.
The Intoxilyzer 9000 is their newest, most advanced, and supposedly most
accurate instrument. According to them, the Intoxilyzer 9000 is:
- Easy to Use by using a one button operation
- Reads Multiple IR Wavelengtha
- Does a Multi-Standard Calibration Check
- Can use both wet and dry ethanol gas standards
- Is able to perform multi-point calibration adjustments, and field calibration
- By using a pulsed source it eliminates the need for a mechanical chopper
in the analytical section.
- Has numerous and easily accessible communication ports
- Has Interferent Detection
- Meet specifications of OIML
- Has an easy to use, internal thermal line printer
Interestingly, CMI doesn’t even allow the purchasers of this breathalyzer
machine to have a copy of the manual. Why? I believe it is because they
know it could be used in court by a skilled DUI trial attorney against
law enforcement to attack the reliability or use of the machine.
Chemical testing in a DUI case is very crucial. Find the best attorney
you can and speak with an experienced criminal defense lawyer who has
handled many driving under the influence charges.